onsdag 16 april 2014

Rotherham is not going to Egypt.‏

Hejhej!
 
I've gone almost a year writing these emails in Swedish but I can't be bothered today so I'm just going to write in English. Makes things a bit easier. Might change back next week, we'll see. I have actually been able to practice my Swedish quite a few times this week because:
 
~ Elder Mathias Krylborn is my zone leader now!! It is still a bit weird and I think it makes me miss home a little, not too much though, just because I always will associate Mathias with home and Sweden but I'm glad we can serve close and I can keep a track on him. My good old friend. He was speaking swedish with me the other day but I just couldn't answer flowingly in swedish. It's terrible!! But I still write in my journal in Swedish so all is well.
~ We've met with a Swedish girl from Vetlanda! Her dad lives in Jonkoping. It's a long story starting with us at a bus stop and Sister Golemi complementing a womans sock (it was a bit smoother than it sounds, but just a bit) and then us talking with her. Turns out one of her mother's carers is from Sweden. We then meet this Swedish girl on the bus and we saw her on Friday. She's the same age as me and is living her with her boyfriend. We hd a good chat, she's not interested in the gospel but we'll keep in contact and we might see her on P-day again. Might see her later on today actually when we go to the museum and the park. Sister Golemi and I are having a picnic!
~ Sister Josefin Hedstrom is still my STL companion so we see eachother weekly and sometimes throw in a few swedish words when we can't be bothered to think too much about the words.
 
Other than that we had zone conference this week which was amazing. Always so inspitational. I got to meet both Sister Pacis and Sister Sorge so I was so happy! Sister Pacis is Hull and Sister Sorge in Huddersfield 1. So both Sister Pacis and Sister Sorge have served in Huddersfield 1 which was my second area. Kinda funny. I'll be going on exchange with Sister Sorge in a few weeks so I'm excited, she is so amazing!! At zone conference President Pilkington spoke a lot about moving forward without fear, referencing to Moses and the children of Israel. How the children of Israel after wandering for such a long time in the desert were too afraid to go into the land that God had promised them so they wanted to return to Egypt. It was such a great day and both Sister Golemi and I felt strongly about Rotherham and how the branch here is going to grow! Rotherham is not going back to Egypt!
 
Then I went on exchange to Chesterfield with Sister Howard. We had a great time! She has been out since November but she is a great missionary and I learned a lot. We did a lot of finding and just had fun with it. President Pilkington has focused a lot on us having fun while finding and it actually works. haha. Who would have guessed. Because the best part of missionary work is always teaching, at least for me, the Spirit that is there and the truths that are discussed. But finding is what you make it. If we have a good attitude and talk with people being ourselves then it can be really enjoyable!
 
We had an investigator in church yesterday! Yeaaay. He is from Cameron, not sure how to spell that, and speaks french. We'll see what happens:)
 
Have a great week and enjoy every day.
Alskar er!
Love,
Sister Maggis
 
ps. the weather is lovely and has been the past two weeks. It feels like spring. Saw a bumble bee the other day! So Sister Golemi and I are having a picnic!